|Catherine Hall. Photograph © Rick Sammon|
Anyway, the image above is the shot to which the students were referring. So is the image below.
|© Rick Sammon|
- position the subject on the floor
- use a black background and a piece of black material on the floor
- try the shot with the subject wearing a black top and a white top
- have the subject look upward
- place a speedlite in the softbox. I use a Canon 580EX II
- fire the speedlite with a remote transmitter. I use Pocket Wizards.
- position a softbox above the subject - and experiment with the placement of the softbox
- try the shot with and without sunglasses
- get down on your belly and shoot.
|Photo © Jason Ludwig|
If you don't have a softbox, my friends at Adorama are running a special (3/15 - 3/19 only) on the Westcott Apollo soft box I use. Click here and use this code - S0315122 - upon checkout to save a few bucks. (The 0 is the number 0 and not the letter O.) Code active after noon today!
Also: In the above photo I am using a Black Rapid strap. It's the best strap I've found for fast and secure shooting.
I hope to see you on one of my workshops.
For more lighting tips, see my apps.
Explore the light,