Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Fisheye Fun on the Santa Monica Pier - and HDR Fun After
I had some fisheye fun on the Santa Monica Pier this morning - and HDR fun after.
Canon 15mm lens; Canon 5D Mark II.
A few tips:
• The name of the game is to fill the frame. Notice how the entire frame is filled with something.
• To get max depth of field, focus 1/3 into the scene, use a wide-angle lens and set a small aperture.
• Use foreground elements to frame a subject and to add a sense of depth to a scene.
• Compose for color.
• Use HDR to see into the shadows and preserve highlights.
• Learn about HDR with my iPad app: iHDR.
Explore the light,