Monday, December 7, 2009
Manual Exposure Mode Is a Must for Panos
If you are new to creating panos (Photoshop's Photomerge makes it soooooo easy), here are a few quick tips:
- Use a tripod with a pan head.
- Set your camera vertically (just trust me).
- Overlap your images by at least 1/3.
- Set your exposure to manual (as I did for the top photo).
- After focusing, set your focus to manual.
If you don't set your exposure to the manual exposure mode, the image will not be evenly exposed - as illustrated in the bottom photo.
Want to have some real fun? Shoot an HDR pano!
Explore the light,
Posted by Rick Sammon at 8:22 PM