Here's a fun photo project. Make a picture with a good sense of depth.
- shoot a subject at an angle.
- place an object close to the camera in the foreground.
- arrange objects at different distances from the camera.
- get the entire scene in focus by using a small aperture, wide-angle lens and focus 1/3 into the scene.
- strive for a good exposure throughout the scene.
You have succeeded when you show someone your image and they look around the scene for different objects - staying with the photo for longer than normal. (Were your eyes stuck on one object in this image?)
Yes, it's an HDR image. I added the frame with onOne Software's PhotoFrame 4 Professional Acid Frame.
Explore the light,
P.S. That is actually my Yamaha 12 string guitar. I've had it and the case since 1975. Not my piano, although I do play. :-)